NONA’S LOADED HEALTHY VEGAN NACHOS
Total time: 30 Minutes (or only 5 minutes with store-bought plantain chips)
- NONA CHEESY-STYLE SAUCE
- Fresh plantains (or use store-bought plantain chips and skip to step 4)
- Pickled jalapenos
- Vegan sausage
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro
- Other toppings of choice: salsa, pico de gallo, black beans, corn, green onion, black pepper, sliced bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice plantain very thinly, toss with a dash of oil, and lay on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes until golden brown and crispy (the time depends on the thickness of your slices).
- Warm up NONA CHEESY-STYLE SAUCE and slice your toppings into bit sized pieces
- Cover plantain chips with NONA CHEESY-STYLE SAUCE, jalapenos, vegan sausage, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and/or any other toppings of choice.
- Buon Appetito! Enjoy your meal!
Tips and tricks
Go for green plantains if possible, as they are more starchy like potatoes and less sweet!