NONA’S SCRAMBLED TOFU
Scrambled tofu gets a serious upgrade with NONA Cheesy-style sauce! Get creative with your veggies and toppings, and enjoy!
- NONA CHEESY-STYLE SAUCE (about 300ml per 1lb block of tofu)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Neutral oil
- Medium-firm tofu
- Lemon juice
- Spices (we used paprika and tumeric)
- Veggies (whatever you have on hand!)
- Garnish with fresh herbs (we used fresh dill)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your frying pan, then add splash of oil. Let warm for 10 seconds.
- Add onions and garlic, stirring until fragrant and golden.
- Crumble tofu with your hands and add to pan.
- Add tamari, lemon juice, and spices (we used fresh dill, paprika and tumeric).
- Add veggies of your choice (for this dish we just opted for red peppers, but sometimes we add zucchini, spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes).
- Add NONA CHEESY-STYLE SAUCE.
- Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with additional NONA CHEESY-STYLE SAUCE if necessary (when isn’t it!?)
- Serve and devour! Buon Appetito!