NONA’S PUMPKIN GNOCCHI
Total time: 1 hour (40 minutes for roasting!)
- NONA sauce of your choice! (We used NONA’s Alfredo-Style)
- 2 cups of baked pumpkin
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- 1 1/2 cups flour (we used Bob’s Redmill gluten-free flour)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Water (for boiling)
- Wash and clean out pumpkin. Save the seeds to roast into a tasty snack later. (Try these recipes!)
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes each side, then cool and peel.
- Mash pumpkin, then mix with potato flour and flour, olive oil, nutmeg, salt and cayenne pepper
- Divide the dough up by handful (approx 8-10 sections) and roll out to 1/2 – 3/4″ thick logs, then cut into 1/2 – 3/4″ pieces
- Boil the gnocchi 2-3 minutes in salted water.
- Top the cooked gnocchi with warm NONA sauce.
- Buon Appetito! Enjoy your meal.