NONA’S ITALIAN FLAG LASAGNA
Total time: 1 hour (mostly hands off!)
- Oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Spinach pesto (or your favourite pesto)
- Green veggies of choice (we used spinach and peas!)
- Tomato sauce
- Red veggies of choice (we used roasted red pepper)
- Crumbled tofu
- NONA ALFREDO-STYLE SAUCE
- NONA CHEESY-STYLE SAUCE
- Veggie broth
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place a single layer of oven-ready lasagna noodles in a baking dish.
- Layer the noodles with pesto and green veggies.
- Add another layer of noodles. Top with crumbled tofu and NONA Alfredo-Style sauce.
- Add another layer of noodles. Top with tomato sauce and red veggies.
- Add another layer of noodles. Top with a thick layer of NONA Cheesy-Style sauce.
- Pour 1/4 cup of veggie broth onto the side of the baking dish. This will help the noodles cook thoroughly.
- Cover the dish in tinfoil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the tinfoil and bake for another 10 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Let the lasagna cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Buon Appetito! Enjoy your meal!
Tips and tricks
*We used a 9×5 loaf pan, and so it was 2 lasagna noodles per layer.
**The amount of veggie broth depends on how big your lasagna is! In our loaf pan, we used ¼ cup. Pour it over each side so that it doesn’t touch the Cheesy sauce.
***Each noodle should be covered in sauce! If it’s not, it won’t be cooked properly.