NONA’S HARVEST STEW
- Pie pumpkin, or acorn squash.
- Potatoes, cubed
- Carrots, coined
- * NONA CARBONARA-STYLE SAUCE
- Fresh herbs (we use sprigs of rosemary and thyme)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove lid of pie pumpkin and/or acorn squash & clean out seeds**
- Boil potatoes (we used sweet & white) in a pot of water until slightly tender.
- Fill each pumpkin/squash with a combination of potatoes, peas, carrots, and any other vegetable/bean you would like to include in your stew.
- Add NONA CARBONARA-STYLE SAUCE to the pumpkins/squash.
- We inserted sprigs of rosemary & thyme into each before replacing the lids and baking.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until pumpkin/squash is tender (We did 400°F for 60 minutes but cooking times vary).
- Serve and enjoy! Buon Appetito!
Tips and Tricks
* NONA ALFREDO-STYLE also tastes delicious in this recipe!
** Rinse the seeds, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast them too! Pumpkin seeds are a delicious snack, or can be used as a garnish for salads, like our Creamy Summer Coleslaw!