NONA’S GRILLED CHEESE (3 WAYS!)
Total time: 15 minutes.
- NONA Cheesy-Style Sauce
- Choice of bread
- Vegan butter
- Fillings of choice (see ideas below)
Spinach Grilled Cheesy: NONA Alfredo-Style Sauce + olives + spinach
Jalapeno Sausage Grilled Cheesy: pickled jalapenos + vegan sausage
Smokey Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheesy: NONA Carbonara Style-Sauce + caramelized onions + sautéed mushrooms
- Spread vegan butter on the outside of each slice of bread
- Place slices butter side down, and top both slices with a few tbsp NONA Cheesy-Style Sauce. Add extra toppings of choice* (see above for some ideas!)
- Place the two sides together.
- At this point you can either cook in a pan on low heat, or bake at 350F for 10 minutes until golden brown (flipping halfway through)**
- Serve your grilled cheese immediately with condiments of choice (like ketchup!)
- Buon Appetito! Enjoy your meal!
Tips and tricks:
*Have fun with it! Use whatever toppings feel good to you. We like to add Cheesy-Style sauce to one side, and another NONA sauce to the other side of the bread. Sauce on both sides helps the grilled cheese stick together.
**We like baking our grilled cheese as it’s more hands-off, and still tastes crispy and delicious. No need to oil your baking pan, the butter on the bread is good enough.